Friday, November 9, 2012

Cherry Blossom Nails

I have recently turned my guest bedroom into a home office and while setting up my new office I decided since this is my own space I can go crazy with pink, shared space with the fiance did not let me do that. While I was changing a few things pink I went ahead and did my nails pink too.
Cherry blossoms :)

 Here is how to get this look. 

Here's what you'll need: A top coat (I use Rimmel Top Coat), a base color, feature colors for branch color and flower color, a dotting tool/tooth pick/small brush, and crystals or mini stainless steel balls. You can use your base color and add white to it like I did.
First, prep for your manicure, to make it last longer. Remove your old polish, if any, and soak your hands in warm water for a few minutes. Trim your nails and push back your cuticles but don't cut them. Do not use lotions or oils on your hands before you start, it may make the dry time longer.
  First apply a coat or two of your base color.
 Wait until your nails are dry to add the branches. If you do not have a brown that you are happy with you can mix colors like I did.
 With your dotting tool, toothpick or small brush add a few branches.
 I mixed the base pink and white together for my flower petal color. 
I wanted something just a little lighter for the flowers.
 With your dotting tool or tooth pick again add 3-4 petals(dots) per flower. 
I added 2-4 flowers on each nail.
 I used these mini stainless steel balls for the center of the flowers. 
You can skip this or crystals also.
 I placed a silver one in the center of each flower.
 Add your top coat and you're done.

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to see if you give it a try!

Check out my current giveaway!

1 comment: