Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Julep July Maven Box Sneak Peek!

Updated- Julep posted this picture on their site!
 
 Click here to see all about the new colors!
It is almost that time again when Julep opens its online doors to us Mavens and offers up a few new goodies and some new polish that we (almost) always need to say yes to! 
I received an email today with this lovely picture in it.
This was also posted on there facebook page.
I checked out Julep's site and it sound good.
Cost is $23.00 but they have yet to list the discounted Maven price and looks to be about 3.5 oz.

What It Is: A blend of lightweight yet nourishing oils that moisturize, condition, and restore elasticity and suppleness to the body.
What It Does: Absorbs instantly and leaves a satin finish without a greasy residue. Treatment mist contains a blend of cotton seed oil, rich in cell nourishing vitamin E, and sunflower oil- for deep conditioning and softening of even the driest skin.
How To Use: Mist onto slightly damp skin. Massage in thoroughly. Use whenever and whenever skin feels dry. Can be used under lotion for more skin conditioning. Do not use on face.
Features & Benefits:
  • Cotton seed oil, rich in cell nourishing vitamin E
  • Sunflower oil deep conditions with linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid
  • Absorbs instantly, and leaves a satin finish- never a greasy residue
  • Lightly fragranced with a pleasant blend of citrus and floral notes
  • Fine mist spray provides an easy application
  • Does not contain parabens or sulfates
Ingredients: Cyclopentaxiloxane, Isopropyl Myristate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Parfum/Fragrance, Isoeicosane, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol. 

So it sounds lovely to me and I am excited, very happy it is a full size also. There have been a few things that were a little small to me in the past. I can't wait to see the colors of this month also, I wonder if they will do a 4th theme or something for it... maybe they will do a mystery box for the holiday.

Are you excited? What do you think the July colors and theme will be?

If you’re not a Maven, sign up here, take the style quiz, and use the code FREEBOX to get your intro box for free (plus $3.99 shipping)!  You have until the 19th or so to be able to order the next coming box. There’s nothing to lose! If you don’t like what’s in the box, you also have until the 24th to skip if you don't want the box, and you won’t be charged a thing!
Also, check out my 4th of July nail look
Also, follow me on bloglovin' to know when there are updates.
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I was very excited until I started reading the ingredients! I didn't want to assume that just because they sound like a scary science experiment, they're automatically bad for me. But I started running them through the Environmental Working Group's ingredient database, and it was like... cyclopentasiloxane (julep spelled it wrong!) piles up in your body and has been shown to cause tumors, cancer, and endocrine disruption in moderate doses in animals... Dimethicone is suspected to be an environmental toxin in Canada.... and Phenoxyethanol is considered to be hazardous to use around your mouth in the European Union because it can be a major irritant.

    Overall, not as bad as it sounds, but not something I want to spray on myself all the time!

    It also bothers me because I expect Julep to create products that are more natural than this, especially something that seems as simple as a spray-on oil. Looking at this product's ingredients, versus the way they're selling it, makes me think I need to look more seriously at their other makeup products. What are they slipping into the hand creams and lipsticks that I don't know about?

    Oh... I'm also not thrilled that it lists "Parfum", because in my experience that usually refers to a chemical fragrance. I try not to wear those because there are so many people who are allergic to them. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt - it COULD just be essential oils....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, amen to it being full size. They really should have been clear that the DD creme was intended to be a one-use sample; they would have saved a lot of money and crankiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. V-Tennis Tips - TITACER TIPS - TitaniumTennisTips
    › tips › titanium hair straightener android ford edge titanium for sale › tips › android V-TennisTips is a free and open source program that provides tennis titanium bmx frame statistics, tennis prediction, dental implants free statistics titanium mokume gane and betting tips.

    ReplyDelete